Il semble que les cookies ne soient pas activés dans votre navigateur. Veuillez activer les cookies pour garantir une expérience du site optimale.
Affichage des résultats 1 à 25 sur 30

Hybrid View

Unable to launch client using Crossover after updating to Mac OS Ventura 13.3 on an M1 Mac mini

I updated my M1 Mac mini to Mac OS Ventura 13.3 this morning. Since then, I've been unable to get past the LoTRO launcher*. I'm using Crossover Mac 22.1. Before the OS update LoTRO worked reliably. I can patch, login then hit "Play" and the launcher closes and nothing else happens visually. From the terminal can see that lotroclient64.exe is running along with several windows helper programs. I also see 0 byte lotroclient64_d3d10.log and lotroclient64_d3d11.log are created (config set to DX11). "The Lord of the Rings Online" has microphone permissions (reading the prior thread).

*I did get it to launch once without changing anything....which is rather annoying. I then rebooted the machine before trying again and was unable to get it to start after a dozen or so attempts. The one time it did launch, I was also able to launch another game that stopped working (Guild Wars 2).

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear. I've also opened a ticket with Codeweaver's Crossover support team.

This makes two reports of this identical problem, both from users who just updated to MacOS 13.3 (I assume from 13.2.1 although neither report indicated which version they were running before they updated to 13.3), both users of Apple SOC Macs. Second report is here:
    https://www.codeweavers.com/compatib...msg=258795#c12

I do not have an Apple SOC Mac for testing but I am running MacOS 13.3 and Crossover 22.1 on three different Intel Macs (a 2019 that can run Ventura without hacks as well as 2012 and 2013 models running Ventura with OCLP) and am experiencing no problems with LOTRO. LOTRO also runs on these machines with no problems in 13.3 using free open-source WINE rather than Crossover.

In the meanwhile, one solution to get you back into LOTRO would be to downgrade to MacOS 13.2.1; of course, without a backup to restore there is no way to downgrade so you would have to create a new APFS volume and then install Ventura fresh and then update it to 13.2.1 using the combo updater here:
    edit: No, that link wasn’t correct. I can’t find the 13.2.1 combo updater but it should be available, I’ll continue looking and edit here again if I find it.
    edit 2: Here is a link for MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura. I do not know if you can use it to downgrade a boot volume which has 13.3 installed but it can certainly be used to create a new boot volume with 13.2.1 which should allow you to play LOTRO with Crossover:
    https://swcdn.apple.com/content/down...lAssistant.pkg
    Dernière modification par Tralfazz ; 29/03/2023 à 15h27.

If you are experiencing this issue on an Apple SOC Mac, please try this:
    1- Quit out of Crossover.
    2- Go to /System/Library/CoreServices and double-click Rosetta 2 Updater to run it.
    3- Restart your Mac.
    4- Launch Crossover and then attempt to run LOTRO.

If LOTRO still fails to run, and you usually have the game set to use DirectX 11, please try with DirectX 9. You can change to DirectX 9 before attempting to launch the game by editing ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UserPreferences.ini: Change the line GraphicsCore=D3D11 to GraphicsCore=D3D9.

Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately neither running the Rosetta 2 updater nor trying DX9 allowed the client to start. I received a reply from CodeWeaver's saying that Ventura 13.3 has "messed with a lot of our Game clients " and they are investigating it.

Strangely, I was able to run LoTRO normally several times this morning after the Mac Mini had been sleeping all night. It went back to not starting after a reboot (putting the machine to sleep and waking it manually didn't help). ... I suppose I could just not reboot it if this happens again! Fortunately, I have another machine I can play on so I can wait for a solution. However, I'd advise holding off updating to Ventura 13.3 if you have an Apple Silicon Mac for the time being.

Same problems here - I can log in and get my Hobbit present, and then everything freezes and I get the pinwheel of death and then have to force-quit. I guess I'll just wait for Codeweavers to see what's up.

Hweldar, did you submit a help ticket with Codeweavers?

I'm sorry those attempted workarounds didn't allow you to get back into the game, bilgamesh.

It is super-duper weird that bilgamesh can sometimes get into the game and it works fine for him when he can do so; and that Hweldar can get into the game consistently but only briefly before experiencing an issue. The third report (on the Codeweavers website but not here) is more similar to bilgamesh's report.

Here is a link for MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura. I do not know if you can use it to downgrade a boot volume which has 13.3 installed but it can certainly be used to create a new boot volume with 13.2.1 which should allow you to play LOTRO with Crossover on the same machine – albeit requiring a reboot each time you wish to do so.

https://swcdn.apple.com/content/down...lAssistant.pkg

Citation Envoyé par Tralfazz Voir le message
    If you are experiencing this issue on an Apple SOC Mac, please try this:
    1- Quit out of Crossover.
    2- Go to /System/Library/CoreServices and double-click Rosetta 2 Updater to run it.
    3- Restart your Mac.
    4- Launch Crossover and then attempt to run LOTRO.

If LOTRO still fails to run, and you usually have the game set to use DirectX 11, please try with DirectX 9. You can change to DirectX 9 before attempting to launch the game by editing ~/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UserPreferences.ini: Change the line GraphicsCore=D3D11 to GraphicsCore=D3D9.
    The D3D9 change worked for me. Before this, my game was starting but getting stuck on loading screen. Thanks for your valuable troubleshoot fixes

On a different note, can anyone suggest how to enable external store in LOTRO. I have been trying to buy vip with paypal but the store browser is not work. I read somewhere in the forums that it is under options but I cannot seem to find it.

Citation Envoyé par MrDoT Voir le message
    On a different note, can anyone suggest how to enable external store in LOTRO. I have been trying to buy vip with paypal but the store browser is not work. I read somewhere in the forums that it is under options but I cannot seem to find it.
    Launch the game client, log into a server, log into the world with a character. Go to OPTIONS->GRAPHICS->DISPLAY->SCREEN MODE and choose WINDOWED in the drop-down menu. (Just to be sure you will see the browser window when you invoke the store with external browser enabled.) Then go to OPTIONS->UI SETTINGS->WEBSTORE and check the box for EXTERNAL STORE. Then click the ACCEPT button at the bottom-right of the OPTIONS window. When you invoke the in-game store, it should open in a Safari window (or a window of whatever browser you have set as your system default).

Citation Envoyé par bilgamesh Voir le message
    I updated my M1 Mac mini to Mac OS Ventura 13.3 this morning. Since then, I've been unable to get past the LoTRO launcher*. I'm using Crossover Mac 22.1. Before the OS update LoTRO worked reliably. I can patch, login then hit "Play" and the launcher closes and nothing else happens visually. From the terminal can see that lotroclient64.exe is running along with several windows helper programs. I also see 0 byte lotroclient64_d3d10.log and lotroclient64_d3d11.log are created (config set to DX11). "The Lord of the Rings Online" has microphone permissions (reading the prior thread).

*I did get it to launch once without changing anything....which is rather annoying. I then rebooted the machine before trying again and was unable to get it to start after a dozen or so attempts. The one time it did launch, I was also able to launch another game that stopped working (Guild Wars 2).

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear. I've also opened a ticket with Codeweaver's Crossover support team.

Apart from your questions ;-)

I have some questions about your Mac Mini M1 setup.

- What configuration of Mac mini do you have?
    - how is the performance of Lotro under crossover?

I will upgrade to a Mac Mini M2 or M2 Pro and hope it will work better than with my old Windows desktop (RX480, Intel i5 4570, 16GB RAM).

If anyone else has some information for me, it would be my pleasure
    ::: GWAHIR ::: ::: Waechter der Klamm ::: Kraatos | Warden | 120 ::: Grimnirr | Champion | 120 ::: Tasatir | Hunter | 120 ::: Shamroc | Rune-Keeper | 120 ::: Niike | Minstrel | 120 ::: Balflear | Burglar | 115 :::

Règles de messages